Helen Casale practices family law, including divorce, child and spousal support, custody, asset protection, complex property division, date of separation issues and protection from abuse. She has extensive experienced in complex cases of domestic relations law.
Viewed as an expert in same sex couple issues, she handles legal dissolution of civil unions, custody, support, and second parent adoption.
Casale is a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and Vice-Chair of the Interbranch Commission for Gender, Racial, and Ethnic Fairness. She is also a member of several family law committees such as Nicholas A. Cipriani American Inn of Courts, the Montgomery Bar Association, the Camden Bar Association, the Pennsylvania State Bar Association, and the New Jersey State Bar Association.
Casale writes and speaks frequently on family law. Some of her recent lectures include:
- Panelist, “Town Hall: Marriage Equality in Pennsylvania – What Does It Really Mean?,” Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, June 4, 2014
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, frequent speaker and course planner for a variety of family law topics including custody, complex support and equitable distribution issues, and adoption issues
- Montgomery Bar Association, Family Law Section, frequent Presenter
- New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, frequent speaker on issues relating to civil unions, dissolution of domestic partnerships, and adoption
- Annual Pennsylvania Trial Judges Judicial Conference, speaker on custody issues
- Philadelphia Municipal Trial Judges Conference, guest speaker
- Philadelphia Bar Association Bench Bar Conference, speaker on same-sex marriage issues and civil unions
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Committee for Unrelated Cohabitants, speaker
- Lavender Law Conference, guest lecturer
- Gay Lesbian Bisexual and Transgender MBA Conference, guest lecturer
- University of Pennsylvania GALA, guest speaker
- Drexel University Law School, guest speaker
- Adoptions from the Heart Annual Conference, guest speaker